- In 1895, Sir J. C. Bose gave his , using them to ring a bell remotely and to explode some gunpowder.
- Sir J. C. Bose holds the first patent worldwide to invent a solid-state diode detector to detect EM waves. The detector was built using a galena crystal. Have a look at .
- In the year 1998, nearly 100 years after Guglielmo Marconi's first wireless communication, a group of scientists of the reported that -"the origin and first major use of the solid state diode detector devices led to the discovery that the first transatlantic wireless signal in Marconi's world famous experiment was received by Marconi using the iron-mercury-iron coherer with a telephone detector invented by Sir J.C.Bose in 1898".
Achievements of Sir J. C. Bose in the field of Botany
- His major contribution in the field of biophysics was the experimentation that proved both animals and plants share much in common. He that plants are also sensitive to heat, cold, light, noise and various other external stimuli.
- He also invented the (a device for measuring growth in plants) which could record and observe the minute responses because of external stimulants. It was capable of magnifying the motion of plant tissues to about 10,000 times of their actual size, which found many similarities between plants and other living organisms.
P.S: Though this page would probably have a variety of audience, I believe that every electronics/electrical engineer graduating in India should know about the distinguished contribution of Sir J. C. Bose to the field of communication.