31.10.14

“Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their ass and do anything to make it happen.
In 1998 i was cheering for Dingko Singh in Asian games. He was against world No.3 in semifinals next round was Final he was competing against World no. 5 and  after his victory like every other Indian i was feeling proud but forMangte Chungneijang Mary Kom i


Family Background-  Her Parents worked in Jhum field also known as Slash-and-burn 

The technique that involves cutting and burning trees in forests or woodlands to create field.

Poor Family background, Bad in studies Failed in (  IX and X ). What 's next ?

Marriage 

But She took the responsibility Being the eldest, Mary helped her parents work in the fields, cutting woods, making charcoal and fishing. On the other hand, she spent a good time looking after her two younger sisters and a brother.

She took to sports in an effort to provide some financial support to her family. 

She began boxing in 2000 and was a quick learner who preferred to be put through the same places as the boys around her. “In just two weeks, I had learnt all the basics. I guess I had God-given talent for boxing.”

Few lines from her interview:

“I still remember I was castigated by my father who said with a battered and bruised face, I should not expect to get married. He was furious that I took to boxing – a taboo for women – and he did not have the slightest idea about it. But my passion for the sport had got the better of me and I thank my cousins who coaxed and cajoled my father into eventually giving his nod. I’m happy that I did not let anybody down,” she told in September 2004.




At a tender age of 18, Mary made her debut at the first Women World Boxing Championship, after just one year of starting to learn boxing, which was held at Pennsylvania, USA. At her debut event itself, she won a silver medal in the 46 kg weight category .A year later, she went on to win the gold at the second Association Internationale de Boxe Amateur (AIBA) World Women’s Senior Boxing Championship. held at Antalya, Turkey.

She got married in 2005 after 4 years of dating with K Onler Kom. Mother of Twins.

“Don’t give up as there is always a next time. Think that if Mary Kom, a mother of two, can do it, why can’t you?

She is Five time world champion, The only female boxer to have won a medal in each one of the six world championships.


“People used to say that boxing is for men and not for women and I thought I will show them some day. I promised myself and I proved myself”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your opinion about his blog ,
this will help us to give some more quality information.

Write 4 namesake-expert

Thank you for your interest in being part of the namesake-expert writing community.
namesake-expert publishes original news content, opinion pieces, trending topics and breaking stories in the area of technology, entertainment, business, politics, lifestyle, videos,sports, lifestyle and women’s issues. Articles must be written in English, published first on namesake-expert and will be reviewed by the “seasoned” namesake-expert Team.
If you are interested revert back to proud2_besingle@yahoo.co.in

side l

Texts

images in posts are not related to the content .
it pasted to relate the content or to describe the message of post.
if any photo of any person in post hurting any sentiment it can be removed busted. pls complain it to this Email -->
proud2_besingle@yahoo.co.in

Followers