9.11.11

Scott Dunn told CBS Atlanta News that his dog Duncan saved his life after his house caught on fire
A Cobb County man credits his dog for saving his life from an overnight house fire that the dog did not survive.

Scott Dunn told CBS Affiliate WGCL that he had fallen asleep on the couch with his dog Duncan in the living room of his home near Marietta.

"And the next thing I know he was pawing at me, barking and scratching, and I woke up and I couldn't see anything," Dunn told WGCL as he fought back tears. "The smoke was a foot from the floor."

Scott, who remodels homes for a living, could hardly breathe. He grabbed Duncan by his collar and when he opened the door "the flames just went everywhere."

He grabbed the keys to his truck ("because that's my livelihood"), but then he realized Duncan's collar had come loose. "I had his collar in my hand," he said.

He tried to retrieve the dog but, Dunn said, "He wouldn't come. I think he was just as scared as I was."

Dunn's neighbor was able to move his truck from underneath the carport as Dunn tried to go back in, "but the fire was so big."

Firefighters later found Duncan's body curled up on Scott's bed.

"That's my boy. He saved my life," Dunn said, sobbing. "I'm sorry. He saved my life, but I couldn't return the favor. It was too hot in there. I couldn't get back in there.

"Everybody that knew Duncan loved him. Everybody loved Duncan. Best dog in the world."

The truck and the clothes on Dunn's back are the only possessions he has, he said.

Dunn's home is a total loss, said Cobb County Fire Department Lt. Mike Bell. Investigators are trying to figure out what started the fire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

please leave your opinion about his blog ,
this will help us to give some more quality information.

Write 4 namesake-expert

Thank you for your interest in being part of the namesake-expert writing community.
namesake-expert publishes original news content, opinion pieces, trending topics and breaking stories in the area of technology, entertainment, business, politics, lifestyle, videos,sports, lifestyle and women’s issues. Articles must be written in English, published first on namesake-expert and will be reviewed by the “seasoned” namesake-expert Team.
If you are interested revert back to proud2_besingle@yahoo.co.in

side l

Texts

images in posts are not related to the content .
it pasted to relate the content or to describe the message of post.
if any photo of any person in post hurting any sentiment it can be removed busted. pls complain it to this Email -->
proud2_besingle@yahoo.co.in

Followers