Taking place at the
As well as the stealth technology designed to eradicate a plane’s radar signature
The unveiling of the fifth generation fighter jet is being seen my many as a milestone for Russia in its bid to boost its ageing weaponry
Sukhoi has developed the aircraft to rival the American F-22 raptor. currently the only other fifth generation jet fighter in operation in the world (another
* The T-50 is the domestic name of
Russia's fifth-generation fighter plane which has been developed as the Advanced Front-Line Aviation Complex (PAK FA) for 's Air Force. Russia
* The project started its development by the Sukhoi design bureau since it won the tender in April 2002.
* The Tikhomirov Institute of Instrument Design
* The new fighter's exterior design was approved on December 10
* Last summer
* In February 2009
* The prototype fifth-generation fighter made a 47-minute maiden flight on January 29
* Although T-50 specifications remain classified
* The new fighter's exterior was designed using Stealth technology
* The combat aircraft is fitted with 117S (upgraded AL-31) turbofan engines from the Russian aircraft engine manufacturer Saturn.
* The PAK FA can carry either eight next-generation air-to-air R-77 missiles
* The new jet can also carry two long-range missiles developed by the Novator Bureau which can hit targets within a 400 kilometer range.
* The jet can use a take-off strip of just 300-400 meters
* The fifth-generation fighter is equipped with advanced avionics to combine an automatic flight control system and a radar locator with a phased array antenna.
* The newest combat aircraft are planned to be mass produced in