15.9.09


The truth train has derailed. Despite all the shock and awe it generated, Star Plus' bold reality show Sach Ka Saamna is coming to a rather abrupt end on September 18.Sach Ka Saamna

End of the line?
Says Rajeev Khandelwal, who won accolades as the host of the show, "I'm a little upset. I will miss the show, the team and, of course, the contestants. I didn't even realise when I completed my contract of 50 episodes. If they plan a sequel to the show and decide to hire me again, I am game."

However, the second season seems difficult right now, given the negative feedback surrounding the show. Says Siddhartha Basu, the brain behind the Indian version of the Moment of Truth, "It was a serious game show which had its own steady viewership. It wasn't everybody's cup of tea. The first season was like a testing ground, which turned out well. For the sequel, we need to talk it out with the channel bosses."

However, senior creative director, Anupama Mandloi, insists that a season is "absolutely possible" and adds, "We could have extended it, but felt it was better to close as planned as it left the viewers asking for more."

Life changing
Participants on the show are unanimous that it was a big leap for reality TV in India. Says Lakshmi Narayan, "For me it helped break a lot of stereotypes associated with eunuchs and also furthered my cause. The show was a reality check on the hypocrisy in our society."

Bobby Darling adds, "It helped me improve my relations with my dad. People made fun of me earlier, but after seeing me on the show, their attitude changed."

Write 4 namesake-expert

Thank you for your interest in being part of the namesake-expert writing community.
namesake-expert publishes original news content, opinion pieces, trending topics and breaking stories in the area of technology, entertainment, business, politics, lifestyle, videos,sports, lifestyle and women’s issues. Articles must be written in English, published first on namesake-expert and will be reviewed by the “seasoned” namesake-expert Team.
If you are interested revert back to proud2_besingle@yahoo.co.in

side l

Texts

images in posts are not related to the content .
it pasted to relate the content or to describe the message of post.
if any photo of any person in post hurting any sentiment it can be removed busted. pls complain it to this Email -->
proud2_besingle@yahoo.co.in

Followers